Hello everyone!!!!! Do you want to have the best friends for your life?
Last Friday, our students made best friends with vegetables. On Friday afternoon, highly-qualified chefs were invited to our school and they introduced to us: the best friends for our lives.
After all students arrived at the assembly area and were seated, the chef, U Thein Zaw, and his team explained about tomatoes, lady fingers @ Okra, watermelons, carrots, cucumbers and celery.
After his talk, he showed us how to conjure up roses from tomatoes! The students were thrilled as they watched enthusiastically.
Then the students had a great opportunity to bring out their inner artist as the chef let some students make roses too! It was a wonderful magical moment; Secondary 3 and 4 students were even creating roses on their own as soon as the chefs’ demonstration was done. Moreover, the rest of the students clapped, encouraging the former. They were psyched to see who finished first.
Later, the chef explained the students about the benefits of eating vegetables and gifted the school and students with handmade vegetable baskets, flowers, vases, rabbits, birds, flowers, microphones and lanterns.
At the end, students ate warm and sweet rice jelly juice. At home time, they brought the handmade vegetables to their home happily and we believe that they were going to share what they had seen and learned to their parents.
The followings are some healthy tips of eating vegetables which the chefs had presented. Let’s start making friends with vegetables to have a healthy and happy life.
- Wards off Cancer
- Prevents DNA Damage
- Reduces the Risk of Heart Disease
- Protects Against Thrombosis
- Wards off Inflammation
Lady finger or Okra
- Controls the Body’s Cholesterol Level
- Relieves Constipation and Other Stomach Problems
- Improves Good Eyesight
- Improves the Health of an Unborn Child
- Is extremely alkaline-forming
- Good for the Heart and Bones
- Is rich in Vitamins and Essential Nutrition
- Provides the highest content of vitamin A.
- Encourages healthy skin, hair, bones, eyesight
- Cleanses the body.
- Reduces risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Reduces heat and inflammation
- Treats tired eyes (Remove eye bags under your eyes by placing a slice of cucumber over closed eyes)
- Has cleaning properties that removes accumulated waste and toxins from our body
If you want a happy skin, then cucumber is the answer.