Brain Works-Total group of schools gives first priority to the safety of its students. We have a policy in place which clearly describes who can and cannot pick up any given child, procedures for late pickups and also procedures for uncollected children.
Parents of new admissions have to disclose any legalities concerning their child’s custody and provide proof of documentation. Failure to do so, will not hold the school responsible in case of an illegal child collection by any said parent.
- On occasion, when parents or the persons normally authorized to collect the child are not able to collect the child, then they must provide the school with written details of the name, address and telephone number of the person who will be collecting their child. The said person must also be able to produce an NRC or any other valid identity card to confirm identification.
- Parents must inform the school if they are unable to collect the child as scheduled, the school will then take measures to keep the child supervised until the parents arrive.
- If by any chance a child is not collected at the end of the session/day, we will attempt to contact the parent/guardian through :
- The given home address and telephone number as registered during admission.
- Place of work, address and telephone number of either parent/guardian (if applicable).
Generally, persons picking up children must be at least 18 years of age and bring a valid photo identification. In exceptional circumstances, and only with the parent/guardian’s written consent, a younger individual may be permitted to pick up a child.